Thursday, September 11, 2008

big bang scared me!

last night, when i was talking to zoo, she told me that the world was going to come to an end. I had heard about it, but didn't know it was the universe that might be endangered...
shite! that would have been horrible. i mean there are so many things that i want to do, places to travel, books to read, cars to drive, gadgets to use, body butters to smell and chocolate cakes to eat! and i also have to see how NANO does... sure i also want to know why antimatter is more than matter, how the universe came into being, what the particle accelerator might do and some other secrets of the universe, but not as badly as i want to do some of these other things.

Anyhow, yesterday, me and zoo spoke for a long time. We discussed this really nice play that she had just seen and that she has joined a theater workshop, in which she is going to see and explore her skills as an actor. That's the thing with Bombay I think. There's a big enough Bombay thats extremely eclectic, that does the choicest things. Actually that's the thing with Delhi also. I had a brilliant brush with Delhi this summer for my summer internship. The amount of anonymity that these cities afford you is quite brilliant. There were a whole lot of things to do in Delhi also. Lots of places to eat and so many places to visit. And I think it's slightly more roomy than Bombay. Delhi also has Dilli Haat, which is one of the most frequented place of one of my friends. I was reading how it has helped some people across the country to earn their livelihood. Their crafts survived because of Dilli haat. Actually dilli haat doesnt get a cut of the profits that these craftsmen earn. Also there are no middlemen and most importantly their wares earn a ready market. I also know a graduate from NIFT put shop there and her stuff was getting a lot of recognition and Dilli Haat helped her gain some international orders, with which she was extremely happy.

Anyhow, these little cultural havens can happen only in these really big cities. Its only there that a lot of different kinds can co-exist. I thought once I'm sorted with college and all, I can go back to a small, pretty town where I can come back from work, chill with family and just keep chilling, thereafter. But I think it makes sense to raise my little ones in a semi-big, semi-small city. :D

Ya, so we worked on putting some colors into the black and white things in life. We came up with a lot of things such as a zebra, a zebra crossing, a dove, a chessboard, dalmations that could be colored. The creative, trippy genius in our group will bring these ideas alive. We worked on the communication plan, so now work's basically done.

I got hurt really badly on my hand today. Basically I was standing out while someone was playing badminton. It went on the side court and thinking that the guy playing would figure it out and attempt to leave, I tried to catch the shuttle. But actually, he could not figure it out and attempted to play. So you see, trying to catch the shuttle and attempting to hit the shot were synchronous. It's a little swollen, but I am Rana Sanga of Mewar. Thats what my mum calls me, when I get hurt and tell her. That by the way also is the one of the only pieces of history that I remember. I also remember that Shah Jahan got the builders of Taj Mahal 'behanded'.

Anyhow, I finally spoke to my mama, who was getting really upset about not calling. All's well there.

Oh, this very interesting thing happened today. I wrote to this French guy, whose blog I stumbled upon. He had photographed Rajasthan quite brilliantly. So he replied to me (in French) telling me about the pretty hamlets there. It's really strange actually, I am from Marwar and Im asking a French guy about whats mine (not mine mine but still quite mine). But interestingly, what he suggested could be of much help to us.

That's it. Hand's hurting. Back's hurting, Eyes are hurting and before my heart hurts, I must put my pen down :D

Later

No comments: